Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blog Banter #22


Welcome to the twenty-second installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week or so to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed to crazykinux@gmail.com. Check for other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!

This month topic is brought to us by L'Dene Bean of Nitpickin's who asks: Why, and how did you pick your corporation? Is your loyalty solid or just until a better placed organization "recruits" you. The shorter version: Who holds your Unshakable Fealty and why?


This is a touchy subject for a lot of pilots in New Eden. I personally have a specific set of characteristics that I look for in a corp, and when joining a corp without going through the checklist first, I have a very difficult time and end up leaving on short order.

CCP apparently encourages the "don't get mad, get even" approach to life in Eve Online. Don't believe me? Just watch the Causality video.



With so many players, there is bound to be somebody in a corporation that isn't happy with their current situation. Perhaps it's the other members they have a problem with, or maybe it's another corporation in their alliance. This alone can turn a seemingly benign player into a raging nightmare that causes an alliance to failscade.

Since this is a more personal question (and funny it would come up at this time), let me share my recent experiences.

Since I joined The Tuskers, I have been having issues making enough ISK to replace lost ships and pay for PLEX. So I requested that an alt be allowed to join a Nullsec corp to carebear the necessary ISK. This was initally met with a lot of resistance from The Tuskers leadership, and for good reason. The sheer number of people who will spit in the face of their CEO, and rape and kill their family for a dime in this game is insane. So after a few mails explaining what I intended to do and why, and even had to get a friend to explain the situation for it to finally be approved. I now have an alt carebearing it up without interfering with The Tuskers.

Now lets say something happened, a member of The Tuskers pissed me off. What would stop me from rallying a 400 man blob to camp them into station for weeks? Or to give away fleet positions to The Tuskers and ambush my alt's corp? Corp loyalty to put it bluntly. Maybe too much of my real self is in my toons, because betraying a corp is just not in my nature to do such a thing - but I have no problem podding newbies all day long.

Trust is a valueble commody in Eve Online, and very, VERY hard to come by. Maybe I would leave my corp for another one assuming they meet my qualifications better. But under no circumstances would I betray any corp I was part of. I take great pleasure hunting corp theives and spies.

Trust is much more valuble than any ingame item. Just saying.

No comments: