Friday, March 15, 2013

Opps! My bad!

Sorry folks, all the old content is back. I let my other blog address expire and then the host decided to shut down. Don't worry, there was no Eve related post. I did lose a fairly popular guide I wrote for X3: Terran Conflict however. Like a retard I didn't backup the databases... live and learn.

As I am not actively playing Eve Online ATM I think I will start up another blog for general gaming and my [fail] videos. Hell I could even do it here, surely anybody who would be reading this is interested in other games too.

What have I been up to since the last post on this site? Well, less than you might think. Did a chain of post on X3 Terran Conflict. When the host went down I made some YouTube videos on Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition, Terraria and most recently I picked up Minecraft.

I would like to do some Lets Play vids for a lot of the games I own even though they are mostly older ones. It should be a fun time overall.

So, why did I let my Eve accounts expire? Well this is kinda difficult to answer. I joined GENTS as was mentioned in some previous post. Finally got a carrier and fairly well skilled for it. However at the time, if you aren't in the inner circle, you aren't shit. I literally had to beg for a cyno constantly and was always just ignored. There wasn't much going on and I grew bored of carebearing. Couldn't really PVP in Branch as when a hostile would show up, hundreds of people would be chasing him. This is the only coalition where people will form up a massive fleet for a guy in a T1 frigate. Quite honestly it was ridiculous. So I carebeared up a few billion isk and sold off most of my assets, jumped to lowsec and logged out. Haven't been back since.

If I didn't have to rely on PLEX to keep playing I would have just left the alliance and went back to pirating. However I have to always be on the lookout for easy ISK and have to limit my spending to make sure I have enough for 2x PLEX per month. At the time, I didn't really have a backup plan for making money. I could have started doing missions again, but SOE was just nerfed into the ground. I could have started trading, but my god that is so boring....

Anyway as stated, the old content is back (it was just hidden, not deleted). Sorry for being in the void for so long. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'll try to come up with some way to bring in more games and much more content in the future.

No comments: